Deals with eye problems in children. Children may not complain if they do not see out of one or both eyes. Sometimes the only clue may be poor performance in school as well viewing the blackboard at a very close distance. Hence all children need regular eye checkups at the time of starting school and right through their school years. Of the many eye problems in children, the most important are refractive errors, squint and amblyopia. Adult patients suffering from squint and double vision are also examined and treated effectively.
A child should go for an eye checkup if the following symptoms are noticeable
- Crossed eyes.
- Keeps object close to his eyes.
- Not being able to see the blackboard at school.
- Things looking blurry or funny.
- Feeling an itching, burning or scratchy sensation in the eyes.
- Injury to the eye.
- One or both the parents wear glasses.
What are the Common Eye Diseases in children?
- Refractive errors
- Lazy eye disease
- Eye injuries
- Squinting of eyes
- Watering from the eyes
- Eye allergies